Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Random Thoughts Along the Way

Just a collection of thoughts from the past few days:

1. What a glorious day Easter Resurrection Sunday was! We were blessed with gorgeous sunny skies, soft white puffy clouds, and birds chirping. Then again, we also had pollen so thick you could write a book on the hood of my car!

2. I sang in the praise & worship team @ Trinity this Sunday. It's the first time I've done that in over 10 years. I grew up singing in church, but when I went to Crossroads, didn't have the nerve to audition and really didn't have the confidence that I was "good enough". Wow, what institutions can do to a person's self-confidence.

3. We had our Easter egg hunt Sunday morning on the lawn of the church. Girls in their pretty dresses and boys dressed up--I LOVE it!! Such fun!

4. It was also the weekend of the NCAA Final Four. I supposed I'd be remiss to not comment on it. So, let's see: Carolina had one of those dreaded "rebuilding" years that no one wants to have. I'm excited for next year--amazing new recruits coming in. Hopefully, we'll stay healthy!

5. Why were so many Carolina fans opposed to playing in the NIT? Granted, it's not the "big dance", but at least we were able to continue to play post-season. I think for our team, we really needed those additional games. They began to play as a team and have pride in themselves. They made it to the finals of the NIT and played well. Though it was a frustrating season, true fans know the meaning of loyalty and allegiance to their team. As our alma mater says, "Tar Heel Born. Tar Heel Bred. When I Die? Tar Heel Dead!" That's me!!

6. Wow, do Duke fans ever take seriously when Carolina fans beat up on them!! Can we say complete lack of a sense of humor? They enjoy dishing it out, but can't seem to take it. (MY personal opinion, of course. This is MY blog and I can post whatever I think!) Many of my friends, several of whom are on Facebook, and I enjoy the banter back and forth between opposing fans. It's fun. It's tradition. It's the ABC and ABD crowd (of which I'm a proud member)! I have to tell you that as I was posting a few comments back and forth with them, a few people jumped into the conversation (which is, I suppose, one of the problems with Facebook) and managed to question both my sportsmanship AND my Christianity! Apparently, umbrage was taken at my comment that Coach K bought the refs during the WVU game.

REALLY, even I don't take it that seriously! Friends, let me just say this. If a game with a little round ball causes you to question someone's faith, YOU TAKE IT WAAAAY TOO SERIOUSLY!! Banter between friends is one thing, but suggesting someone doesn't display sportsmanship or a Christ-like character is a wee bit over the top. I'm just sayin......

7. Special Olympics Spring Games are slated for April 28th (for high school & adults) and April 29th (for elementary & middle schoolers). Come join us at the Cabarrus Arena around 9 a.m. for two fabulous days of real heroes, sportsmanship, and winning spirits! You'll be so glad you did!

8. POLLEN must be sent from satan!!

9. I'm not nearly as insecure as I once was.

10. I love my Kindle (thanks Mom & Dad)!! Just found the first book I wanted to order that's not available in a Kindle version, so I'm hoping my note to the publisher will help! (Women, Food & God in case you're wondering.)

11. I'm blessed!! Between family, friends, church, relationship with Christ, work, my own home where I can play music as loud as I want to, food on the table, a car to take me where I need to go, and the ability to wake up to a new morning with a fresh batch of His mercies just for me, what more could a person want?

12. New relationships that spring up and begin to develop in the most beautifully innocent of ways.....dreams of what might be.....a poet's soul that speaks to mine....He knows my needs, my every thoughts, even my wants.


13. Maybe the saddest thing I've learned over the past few days---this is the last season of my beloved "24". What on earth am I gonna do without my Jack Bauer? No more Kiefer on Monday nights...I honestly don't know what I'll do! Sure, I own all 8 seasons on DVD and could just start watching them over again, but it's just not the same. (And don't tell me to just listen to all the Bank of America commercials to hear his voice....again, not the same.) The mourning has already begun. I'm just trying to decide if I want Jack to end the series happy and in love, or torn apart over the assassination of his beloved (that way, I still have a chance!). Decisions. Decisions.


14. Sending prayers out to my cousin, Christy McAbee. She fell over the weekend and severely injured her back. Many weeks of rehab, and prayerfully, no surgery.


15. Music is God's gift to me. He speaks to me
through the poets He shares His thoughts with.

16. I think I've thought enough. I think I need a nap!

Do Good Things,
Kara

No comments: