Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What Else I Know for Sure

Ok, seems I'm on a bit of a roll here:

21. Thanks to a pastor friend: there are "little stinkers" all over the place. In life, in work, in families, in churches. Are you one? I sure have been!

22. Trisha Yearwood was right: "The Song Remembers When".

23. Rodney King was right, too: "Can't we all just get along?"

24. Kara McAbee is right also: when you meet people at different places in their spiritual journey, especially along paths you've already walked, you must be able to extend grace to those persons.

25. Sloane Wood is right also: "The Theatre is a fun place to be." If you're a Drama Queen or King, come out and audition for a show...."keep it on the stage"!! I'm too old to deal with your drama!! LOL Love my Sloaney!

26. Spiritual maturity has NOTHING to do with a person's age....some of the most mature people I know are the youngest.

27. Carolina > Duke. Ok, I had to do it. But I do know that for sure!

28. I lay my requests out to God daily, boldly and confidently.

29. If I EVER am blessed to get married, Lord, may he be a man like Jerel Law who loved (and loves) his wife with a passion, a grace and a beauty unparalleled by any I've seen. (And if he's a Carolina fan, has a passionate heart for you, and loves old movies, then that would be just great too!) Go check out Jerel's blog at www.susanlaw.blogspot.com for an amazing look at being Jesus' hands and feet while on earth and loving your spouse to the ends of the Earth. What a blessed woman Susan truly was to have found a man like Jerel. I don't know Jerel and never knew Susan, but through their words and devotion to Christ and to each other, I feel a part of their family.

30. I know that heartfelt cards, words of thanks, and a hug at the right time can be a balm to soothe a broken heart, fits of loneliness, and boost a person's spirits. (They certainly do mine.)

31. I konw that being single CAN have its benefits - no one cares if you eat the ice cream out of the carton at night.

32. I know nothing makes me wanna throw the top down on my car (if I could) like some 80s Bon Jovi or Journey and some Broadway show tunes!

33. I know that sometimes God removes friends from our lives for a time. But when He sees that it's time to reunite those friends, we can be overwhelmed with the beauty of that relationship.

34. I know that this past year allowed me to make a strong decision for my life (my surgery) and that there have been more blessings out of that decision than I ever could have imagined.

35. I know that the ending of a relationship does not have to be a heartbreaking thing. Sometimes it's a blessing.

36. I know that I don't really know anything.

No comments: