Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Reminiscing"....Anyone Remember who Sang That?

Hey Everyone,

I just sent an email to a friend, encouraging him to read my blog from beginning to end, so I decided that it might be time that I do so myself. It's been about 3 months since I started this beautiful blog, and I thought I'd do a bit of reminiscing.

In my second post, I found it. I called myself a victim. A victim of childhood sexual abuse, and it hit me like a lead balloon. So, it's time to change my verbage. I am NOT a victim....I am a SURVIVOR!! Something happened to me as a child that I did not choose, but as an adult, I DO get to choose how I look at the experiences of my life.

NO LONGER will I choose to define myself as a victim. That implies helplessness, and for goodness' sakes, I'm 37 years old, so I am far from helpless. For those of you who are on this same path with me, you will understand that something inside of you will feel forever damaged, scarred and weary. But by no means helpless.

If "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", then that is the very antithesis of the word helpless or victim. I am a survivor....oh gosh, now I hear Beyonce singin' in my ears. Now if I could look like her........wow.....and now I'm hearing a song from The Man of La Mancha that Don Quixote sang..."To dream the impossible dream"....

Do Good Things,
Kara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not a survivor, you are choosing to be an overcomer, conqueror, victor over the wrong. You are strong enough and are much more than a survivor!!!!!!!

I particularly like the word vanquisher!!!!!!! "one who subdues in battle"

You get it girl!!!!!!!!!!