Friday, September 5, 2008

Who Says You Can't Go Home?? A Little Bon Jovi Today!

Hellooooo.....is there an echo in here??

It just might be because it's been a while since I've posted! I feel like I have a lot to update you guys on, but let's start with a little apology!

First, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating the past few weeks. As you all know, I've left my position at Crossroads, and I took an ENTIRE two weeks off! Ahhhhh, it was WONderful!! I rested. I watched tv. I slept. I did nothing. I wrote a lot of poetry. I journaled. I did an awful lot of nothing. I cooked! I baked a cake...it was yummo! I read an awful lot. Suffice to say, I had a blast! It was so incredibly rejuvenating just to be able to de-stress!

Oh! I also went to church for the first time in about 3 and 1/2 years as a normal (well, as normal as you can be for me) person...no responsibilities! I really was able to enjoy the entire worship experience. I heard the entire message and didn't have to leave early to get ready for a new service. It was GREAT!! You just don't realize how much you miss those little things when you're so crazed on Sunday mornings, running around doing a million things for everybody! (Now, please hear me...that is NOT a complaint! I loved my job, and I loved the people I worked with and I LOVED the kids! I'm simply readjusting my outlook on life and on Sunday mornings, and I had a great time!)

I'll also admit to backsliding two of the last three Sunday mornings. I had church at home with my own worship time, which was very sweet. I watched two pastors on tv that I've really grown to love...check out Ed Young, he's great! Very up to the minute...he did a series on "Big Sex" that was just terrific...go check out the messages on his website if you'd like! You'll be glad you did.

This past Tuesday, I started my new old job at The Arc. Sounds funny, doesn't it? Who says you can't go home? Not me! I am honored to be back with these women and one guy (love ya, Brian!), because I know they care about me and have my best interest at heart, and I also appreciate the mission of The Arc. It's right up my alley, and I'll be doing things I love, so get ready to hear a lot about what's going on here!

A BIG THANK YOU to Lori E. for my special present she gave me at church a few weeks ago. That cross meant more to me than you'll know, Lori. It was the incentive I needed to continue the blog, actually, because I've been re-thinking the value of actually doing it and what its purpose is! Thanks for reading and letting me know that you care!!

Well, guys, I no longer have Mondays off, but I do only have to work 1/2 days on Friday, so it's time to zip out of here! I'll catch up more later....don't abandon me!! Remember, I'm on a journey to healing, and when the panic and anxiety start to flare, I remember you guys, and I hang on to your words of encouragement, so stick in there with me!!

Love you all,
Kara

1 comment:

EN said...

So happy you enjoyed your time off and your "real" church service! Hope to see you soon!