Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Just HAD to Share This!

Talk about amazing timing! In my last post, I mentioned the Beth Moore devotional and how God uniquely times things for us to recognize and use in our lives. After closing this blog, I opened my work email and had this email from John & Lisa Bevere, a husband and wife team of pastors and writers whom I love! I'm just copying this directly from their email. I hope it blesses you as it did me!! Love y'all bunches!!

"Lately, God has been revealing to me the importance of knowing and embracing each season of our lives. When we seek God diligently, He will always give us a glimpse of where He wants to take us. In our mind, we see our future and we plan our steps accordingly. It is similar to crossing a room. We see where we need to go, and we take the quickest and easiest path to reach our goal. But God has a different idea in mind.

David is a great example of this. It was prophesied that he would be the next king. He was then taken into the King’s Palace, made the armor bearer, but then attacks came from every direction. He spent years in the wilderness dodging Saul’s army. Or what about Joseph? The Lord spoke that he would be a great leader. His father, mother, and brothers would even serve him,… but then he found himself spending the next seventeen years going from a pit, to slavery, to a dungeon.

Why does God take us through these wildernesses when it would be easier for us to walk straight into our Destiny? Because it is in the wildernesses, the trials and the crucibles, that we gain the character needed to correctly steward the call of God on our lives. These trials are not God’s judgment, but rather preparation for our future!


Lisa and I love you and encourage you to stay the course to fulfill your destiny!"

No comments: