Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Without Further Ado....

It's update time!!


When last I left off, I was getting ready to head to Teresa's for my session. It went quite well...there's such a sense of peace and healing, well-being I suppose, when you enter her office. It's a blessing to be there, even in the midst of being a bit nervous about what's to come.


She encouraged me to change my vocabaulary over the next week, and instead of saying "I", to say "we". For instance, instead of asking "What am I going to wear today?", she suggests saying, "What are WE going to wear today?" Now that may seem a bit odd at the beginning, but if you think about it, the Holy Spirit resides inside believers. He literally lives inside of me, so there really isn't a "me", but a "we". So, we are going to update you through the blog about the past 2 days!


In my devotion this morning, Beth Moore's 90 Days with Jesus, she asks this question..."What is satan perhaps using in your life right now to stop your 'going' and to bottle up your peace?" Coincidence? I think not! Isn't God sweet the way He uses every little thing in our lives? Teresa mentioned that He doesn't waste a single thing in this life, and I think (WE think), she's absolutely right! Think about that question in your own life....is there an area that you feel is being held back from God? Let it go!! Don't let satan and his stupid assignments steal your peace! It's a lesson I'm trying to learn.


Another Teresa thing: she positively laughed when she saw my sprained ankle. I told her about the hard work we've done the past week, the blog, sharing the story with all of you, etc. She just laughed and said that God had impressed on her "she can't run until she can walk. Tell her to slow down and rest and just trust Me and My timing." Oh what a lesson I need to learn! I want to run out ahead of Him and His timing. I want to go at life, work, love, friends, everything at 110%....the performance trap if ever anyone's ever been in it! But, it seems that if God can't get my attention to gently slow me down, He'll just throw a hole in my way during a football game!! Siggghhhh........praise You Father.


One thing I didn't expect from Teresa was a comment she made that she sensed a very great and deep capacity for peace and the experience of peace in my life. I had to ask her to say that again, because that's NOT my experience of my life! My brain is constantly spinning in a million different directions. I rehearse conversations before they happen. I plan out my day before it starts. I can be praying, and I'll find myself planning the next 10 things I need to do. "A great and deep capacity for peace and the experience of peace in my life." I'm holding on to that one, and praying for it to become a reality, a daily encounter, in my life!!


I went to the medical doctor on Tuesday to ask for a prescription to help level my anxiety and help me find some balance. I was fortunate to see a new doctor to me, but one my parents know well, Dr. Charles Rhodes @ Mount Pleasant Family. I walked out with 2 different meds. One, I'll take a few times each day to bring the balance and control. The other is for an immediate need, basically if I feel one coming on immediately. He wanted to check my thyroid levels, because apparently, new research is showing a connection between women's cycles and the triggering of panic and anxiety. Drawing blood...what an experience. Took so many pricks to get a vein in my hand....eeesh!! Got the results today, and my old thyroid is still operating properly. I guess the hormones are doing ok! Thank You God.

So Wednesday was Arc camp at Crossroads, and it was a BLAST! If you've never given of your time to people who have developmental disabilities, I would really encourage you to give it a try. I used to work for The Arc before working at Crossroads, and I LOVE those guys! I was wheeling around in the wheelchair at the church, and many of the campers remembered I was doing the exact same thing last year at camp!!

I got a chance to meet Mike Fongemy today, the new campus pastor at Kannapolis. He's great! Kannapolis will continue to grow and thrive with Mike and his family on board.

Well folks, I think that's about it for now. I'll leave you with one comment from a friend at the Register of Deeds office...."You can't go uphill with downhill thinking." That'll preach, ya'll!!!

Giving myself grace on the journey,
Kara

No comments: