Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Very Good Point!

Me again!

I wanted to stop back by and post a quick update on how I am doing!! My mom just read my last post, and she mentioned that I haven't really told you guys how I've been doing the last few days. Since I promised to be real and chronicle all the highs and lows, the ups and downs, I'll do that! (By the way, that's a good reminder to me to keep in perspective. Y'all know me well. I want to do everything and anything I can to help others. I want to encourage everyone around me. Truly, the spiritual gift of exhortation is my #1 gift. But, I also don't want to overlook sharing the "real world", day-to-day of this experience. Remember the sprained ankle analogy, I can't run until I can walk!!

So, I posted on Sunday what a great day that was, so I won't rehash, other than to say Yayyy God!

Monday was the day I met with Teresa. I'm seeing her each Monday at 4 PM. She's confident and believes that, though healing takes time, God won't tarry. He is efficient and thorough, so I don't have to wander in the desert for 40 years when my trip can be accomplished in a few days! By Monday, I was about 4 days into my new meds. I'm SLEEPY!! By the middle of the afternoon, I just want to zonk out! I left home around 3, and drove to the Govt. Center to see mom and the ladies in the Register of Deeds office. Thanks ladies, for all your encouragement and your kind words. Mom's fortunate to have each of you working for her!!

The session was great! It was so peaceful, and I felt at ease. Teresa and I shared about the Prince inviting me to dance story that I posted a few days ago. She continued to encourage me to focus on the "we" instead of "me"....to find ways to invite God into my day-to-day experiences. "Hey, let's go take a drive to Wal-Mart!" "We had a good day today." Those kinds of things. It's really actually cool when you do that, because it feels as if you're inviting your closest friend into the everyday details of your life. (Just a clue: He's already there anyway! Might as well acknowledge His presence!)

After leaving Teresa, I went home and had a bite of dinner. I got a call from mom saying she received a bank statement on the campaign account. We had some campaign finance forms that were due on Wednesday, so I hopped in the car and headed to their home. We were able to complete the forms and get them turned in. I left after that, and completed a wonderful Monday, giving God the glory!

Tuesday was another day back at work, and it was GREAT!! I went in around 9, and I didn't really have any problems driving in that I can recall. I worked until around 3 and then came home. I was able to visit a number of fellow staff members, laugh with them, share what's going on in life, and to say I got a lot accomplished would be a major understatement!! I even had an opportunity to go into Lowell's office and show him the Cardboard Testimony video. (If you haven't seen it yet, check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RvDDc5RB6FQ) If you attend Crossroads, be on the lookout for this powerful testimony to God's restoration process on our stage in the months ahead. Better yet! Determine what YOUR cardboard testimony would be, should you be asked to share. Wouldn't it be powerful if Crossroads was a church body characterized by people who are as transparent as the people in the video? Whooo hoooo!

After leaving church, I went home for a quick nap. I went back to mom and dad's to separate Crossroads t-shirt orders, so if you ordered some, you can pick them up on Sunday at the NexGen portico!

So, today's Wednesday, and I chose to stay home and work. In 100% honesty and transparency, my choice to stay home may well have been dictated a slight bit by fear. Well, maybe a bit more than a "slight bit". Since the BIG panic attack a few weeks ago, it's important to me that I'm able to be in contact with my mom, either in person or by phone. She's a big "safe place" for me. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. God's the biggest safe place for you, and believe me, I DO know that. But, when I'm in a panicky moment, it is most common for me to reach out to my mom....she knows how to "talk me down" from the immediacy of the moment. Maybe through my healing journey, I'll learn that I can immediately go to God when I'm feeling those symptoms, but for now, mom's it! I wasn't going to be able to be in touch with her for a long period of time today, and I just fast-forwarded to some destructive "what if" thinking...."what if I start having a panic attack and I can't talk with her?" (I probably didn't mention that is exactly what was happening when I had the HUGE panic attack several weeks ago. I wasn't able to talk to her to help calm me down from the attack.) So, I'll admit that it might not have been the best choice, but it was the choice I made for today. And guess what? I'm not judging it!! It just is, and that's ok for today!! I get a ton of work done at home anyway!!

I'm having a good day; feeling pretty calm and stable today. As you read, I had a great time of devotion and study and listening this morning. Hope that gives you all a quick update on the "Days of Kara's Life". I love you all.
Kara

No comments: