Monday, July 7, 2008

The Shack


Hello Friends!

After two conversations at church yesterday, I'm more convinced than ever that I want to share a treasure I found recently. It's an amazing work of "fiction" called The Shack, written by William P. Young.

I don't want to ruin the plot for you, so I won't tell you anything about the story that drives the book, but what I will share is that if you want to encounter God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a way you never have, this is a book you can't afford to pass by.

It has received rave reviews from pastors, Christian artists, and millions of devoted fans. It began as a very small project that has now spread across the country. I first heard of it on a blog that Mark Lowry writes. It sounded like a good read, and so I grabbed a copy on Amazon. I received the book the day after I had that first huge panic attack a few weeks ago, and when I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I think that God used the words and this writer to speak to my heart and my spirit. It is truly an amazing book.

If you question your faith, if you struggle with anger, forgiveness, fear, sin, your relationships with others, and your relationship with God, you will find answers in The Shack. You will find grace, and you will find healing.

I mentioned this book to Naseem a few weeks ago and told her I'd give her a copy. (After reading it, I've since ordered 10 copies...let me know if you want one!) She came up to me yesterday and was so excited! Susan Craig had given her a copy and she couldn't put it down! She's since bought several copies, as has Susan! Later in the morning, Susan came by to say that she didn't want to finish the book, because it was so good, and when she finished it, there wouldn't be anymore to read!! So, all the excitement to share my review of The Shack....get a copy!! (Kinda like you need to take Life Skills...you NEED to read this book!)

If you read The Shack, post your comments here and let me know what you think! I'm thinking we could have a book club and coffee meeting one morning at Crossroads to discuss it!! That would be so cool!

Enjoy your reading,

Kara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have begun to read it!