Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's a New Day!?!

Hello Friends,

This is a completely new venture for me, and I must admit, I'm scared out of my guts! I've never blogged anything personal before, and opening myself up and being vulnerable isn't something I'm particularly used to. But, I believe now that we're called to be transparent with one another, to share in each other's joys, sorrows and suffering, so I've chosen to share this journey toward healing with those of you who know me and are a part of my crazy mess of a life!

Many of you probably know me from around Crossroads Church, my wonderful church home for the past 7 years or so. You may be family, or you may be friends the Lord has placed in my path over the course of these past 37 years....ACK!! Did I really just publish that? Where'd the time go? I swear I don't think I'm a day over 21! Really, I don't. But, I don't get carded going to the movies anymore, and that's a hit to the ol' ego....and trust me, I did NOT pull out any gray hairs this morning. (Ummm, ok, so that's a white lie. Hmmmm...a lie's a lie, so while I really didn't pull out any gray intruders, they're there!)

The one thing that each of you reading this has in common is that for some reason that I'm doing my best to come to grips with, you care about me! Some, in fact, actually love me! I've just recently come to understand thanks to Ann how difficult it is for me to accept that love/concern/friendship/compassion into my life. So, if for any reason, I've ever hurt/offended/ticked off one of you due to that inability to accept your love/concern/friendship/compassion, please know that it was not my intention. God brings His kids to places of healing in His timing and as we're able to accept it and invite it into our lives and our spirits.

Please bear with me over the days ahead as I share my journey out of enveloping, pervasive fears into what I'm praying is a world filled with passion, intimacy and purpose through Him. I AM more than His beautiful mess, but understanding that to the core of my being will be a journey through a life that looks like a mess for a while! I will update you, journal my experiences, and I invite you to share your stories, your prayers for my healing, your questions, etc.

What's my story? Tune in tomorrow for more of me.

1 comment:

EN said...

I know it is hard to ask for help, especially for someone so 'pulled together' as you. I will never forget your beautiful smile, warm words, and help on our first days at Crossroads. You eased our mind and immediately made us feel welcomed. So....if we can help you through all of this please let us!