Saturday, June 21, 2008

Learning to Accept Help

Hello Friends,

So I have to admit it: I do not accept people's help very well. I guess a part of having your self-esteem affected by abuse and all the negative things I've said to myself over the years has led to a feeling of inadequacy. When people have said they're praying for me, asked how I'm doing, told me they loved me, said they liked me, etc. etc., I honestly never really believed it. I suppose I've never thought I was "worth it"...the care and concern of others, not to mention their love.

But, last Sunday, I began to feel it. Really feel it. There were so many hugs from people who knew a small portion of what's going on. I've been able to see that I work with a staff of women who care about me and want what's best for me. My parents have been amazing. I have a man who stands by my side, tells me he loves me constantly, promises he's not going anywhere, and encourages me to make baby steps each day to reclaim my life and hold on to healing because, in his words, "God's got it baby." Since I began posting this blog, my email to some friends and family about what's going on, I've really felt your love and concern. I'm hanging on to those prayers, and I ask you to continue praying!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Giving myself grace,
Kara

No comments: