Thursday, June 26, 2008

Though I Have Fallen, I Will Rise....Literally!

Hello Everyone,

If you attend Crossroads, I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy the Family Film Fest last night and enjoyed Bee Movie. I'd like to say that I did, but that would be a bit of a stretch! As some of you know already, I had a bit of a mishap last night!

It started out great. I had a good trip over and was doing well. Things were falling into place, as they usually do with all our awesome volunteers. The teenagers were serving burgers and hot dogs, popcorn was being popped, and the little munchkins were playing with hula hoops and balls. I got out to play with the little ones and was throwing a ball to a couple kids, but one threw a ball past my head. As I turned to pick it up, I managed to step in a huge hole in the yard, wrench my ankle, and I fell flat on the ground. I must say, however, that I imagine the fall to have been quite graceful, much like at the end of Swan Lake as the swan gently falls to the ground and dies.

So literally, "though I have fallen, I will rise"!! hehehe God's so funny, huh? Today, I'm in bed with my foot wrapped. I have a walker by my side, my laptop on my bed, The Waltons playing in the background (I LOVE those old shows!), and I'm gonna work from home.

Ok, prayer warriors, time to cover me on TWO areas....healing of the panic/anxiety and healing for my foot!!

Love you all, and finding laughter in the journey,
Kara

No comments: