Monday, June 30, 2008

Little Anxious Today

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few days since I last posted, and I've been resting up, trying to stay off my ankle. It's much better now, even though I'm hobbling a bit still. Thanks for your prayers, well-wishes and hugs this past week!!

So, I see Teresa today, and I guess that's what's got me a bit anxious today. I know there'll be healing that will come from meeting with her, but it's a bit scary to think of what I may have to walk through to get there. I'm trying to cover each Monday in prayer, and I'd like to ask that you do too! So, on Mondays at 4 PM EST, if you get a moment, please consider throwing a good one up to Daddy. I'll promise to let you know how it goes!

On the update end:

Sunday was a GREAT day! I was pretty much on my own at the church, as Rhonda and Jennifer were both at the Kannapolis campus. Mom wheeled me around in a wheelchair, and she's promised to never doubt me when I tell her how tiring Sundays are....she was exhausted!! Great job to the Ambassadors and all our wonderful teachers and assistants!! Welcome back and welcome aboard Pastor Mike & family!

I was able to share my blog with my grandmother and tell her the whole story of the abuse. Another big relief.

I also called my aunt/uncle and cousin in Texas (my mom's sister and her family), and I shared the story with her. Such a great conversation. You know? It's a shame to think of how, when we're damaged in our childhoods, we manage to allow our relationships to suffer. I always felt like such a wounded and unloved kid. I looked to her side of the family as the "favored ones", and it built up a wounded area of pride and hurt anytime they would visit NC. We were never close, and I always thought it was just because no one wanted to know me or liked me or that I wasn't good enough. I know now that those wounds to my self-esteem only served to separate and keep me away from being able to know and love part of my family the way that I'm sure God intended. For that, I'm so sorry, and that's going to change!!

I hope that you're all having a great day as you're reading this, and I will be updating you soon on the session with Teresa.

Looking for the grace on the journey!
Kara

1 comment:

The K.I.D.D.s said...

Kara - I commit to praying for you everyday, in particular on Mondays at 4 p.m.